Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Life is like a Patchwork Quilt

It still amazes me when you least expect it - how words in a book you have browsed through before, catches you in a different time. This happened when a read a coffee table book at my counsellor's office. After reading it, then sharing it with my counselling - we realized that it like a theme we can use in my healing - finding closure to my "traumas".

This poem was written by Elizabeth Ryan Decoursey:

Life is like a patchwork quilt
And each little path is a day,
Some patches are rosy, happy and bright,
And some are dark and gray.

But each little patch as it's fitted in
And sewn to keep it together
Makes a finished block in this life of ours
Filled with sun, and with rainy weather.

So let me work on Life's patchwork quilt
Through the rainy day and the sun --
Trusting that when i have finished my block
The Master may say "Well done."
----------------------
Though I wished I didn't have to go through all those different traumas/challenges - but if you stop and think about - I would not be the person I am today if I HADN'T gone through those different traumas/challenges. It will be interesting to see how my Life's patchwork quilt unfolds.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Shepherd Snapshots said...

It is beautiful already, Laura.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger John and Sara said...

hey laura, didn't know you had updated. So cool to see the insights and healing that is happening for you. I like it.
well done and keep up the good work. See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home